Below are the current minimum requirements for a Firefighter position:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Associate Degree in Fire Science.
- Current EMT-Basic certification.
- Current certification as a Fire Fighter II by the State of Wisconsin or an IFSAC accredited agency.
- Valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record.
How to Apply
Green Bay Metro Fire Department utilizes the Fox Valley Regional Hiring Process and the Chippewa Regional Hiring Process for hiring. When firefighter job openings are listed, please visit the Fox Valley or the Chippewa pages for submitting an application. Both websites will give you a explanation on what documents and information are needed for your application.
To view current openings, please visit the City of Green Bay employment webpage.
For more information on our hiring process, check out Green Bay Human Resources Fire Fighter Recruitment Process page for more details.