Art Grant Program
Do you need funds to make your public art project a reality?
Here is everything you need to know about the Art Grant Program.
The Public Art Grant Program provides funds to artists/artist teams, creatives, makers, performers, arts organizations, and other cultural drivers, to enhance and increase arts and culture and public art opportunities within the city of Green Bay. Funded by the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA), funds are dedicated to supporting presentations, performances, workshops, research, and/or the creation of artwork within the City of Green Bay. The program strives to encourage artistic engagement, spur economic vibrancy, and revitalize Green Bay through the arts.
Professional artists of all disciplines, arts organizations, and other cultural drivers are encouraged to apply.
Applicants are eligible to receive a one-time grant between $2,500 - $10,000. This grant may be used to fully fund a project. No match is required. Funds cannot be used to retroactively fund completed projects or portions of projects but can be used for ongoing projects.
Qualified artists across disciplines are eligible to apply for support to carry out specific projects and activities. Grantees will demonstrate tangible results of work undertaken and completed during the award period from August 1, 2023, to December 31, 2023.
Examples of the types of projects applicants of varying disciplines might pursue with the support of this grant include, but aren’t limited to:
- Teaching artists: curricula, digital learning modules, workshops, or resource development
- Visual artists: sculptures, paintings, studies, installations
- Literary artists: manuscripts, proposals, drafts, research reports
- Performance artists: performances, tours, events, video or audio recordings
- Folk and traditional artists: textiles, instruments, beading, dolls, exhibitions, workshops
- Media artists: films, scripts, interviews
- Previously completed projects (though clearly defined, and demonstrable portions of ongoing projects can be eligible)
- Projects taking place outside of the city of Green Bay
- Rent or food assistance, or any type of artist relief to alleviate hardship without undertaking work
- Honorifics or recognition awards based on past work without a plan to undertake work during the award period
All applications must be submitted by 5:00PM (CT) July 10,2023. Applications must be submitted electronically via the City’s online form located below.
For technical assistance or application questions, email email@example.com or call 920.448.3142.