- Parks, Recreation & Forestry
- Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary
- Wildlife Rehabilitation
- R-PAWS Rehabilitation Program
R-PAWS Rehabilitation Program
R-PAWS Rehabilitation Program at the Wildlife Sanctuary
R-PAWS is an organization of volunteer members that nurtures injured and orphaned wildlife for release back into their wild habitats. R-PAWS is licensed by state and federal permits. The program works in cooperation with the Department of Natural Resources (D.N.R.), the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, and the Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary.
The Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary receives over 6,000 wildlife patients in need of rehabilitation each year.
- Rehabilitate and release injured or orphaned wildlife.
- Obtain knowledge for the proper care of wildlife.
- Provide information in response to public inquiries about wildlife.
- Provide educational programs for the public and special interest groups.
R-PAWS was founded in 1986 in response to the ever-increasing number of sick, injured, and orphaned wildlife brought to the Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary.
After mandatory training sessions to learn the proper feeding and housing techniques, members volunteer their time rehabilitating wildlife at their homes. All expenses to raise and care for wildlife are the responsibility of the R-PAWS member. The center will sell food and supplies at a reduced cost to members and supply donated items when available.
R-PAWS Release Sites
We are in need of release sites for rehabilitated animals. If you know of a location, please call the Observation Building at (920) 391-3685.
Make a Donation
If you wish to make a donation, you have several options:
- RPAWS current WISHLIST of items needed; please call (920) 391-3685 to drop off items
- Online: Click on the Donate button to donate online.
- MAIL: Download the Donation Form (PDF), print it, fill it out and send it to:
Friends of the Wildlife Sanctuary - R-PAWS
1660 East Shore Drive
Green Bay, WI 54302
Thank you for your support of R-PAWS and Wisconsin Wildlife.
R-PAWS new member training is for individuals interested in learning how to be a Subpermittee for the Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary's Wildlife Rehabilitation program. Subpermittees bring animals home under the Wildlife Sanctuary's supervision and help raise them to be released back into the wild.
Subpermittees must live within 30 miles of the Wildlife Sanctuary and complete three required trainings.
Please call Lori at (920) 391-3683 or Lori.Bankson@greenbaywi.gov for more information.